Ahad, 18 Oktober 2015

My Breastfeeding Journey

My breastfeed journey





















Pejam celik pejam celik macam tak percaya Baby E dah more than a year old. Feels like just yesterday I carry her inside of me and held her in my arms for the first time.

I remember how determined I was to breastfeed exclusively sekurang-kurangnya the first six months.

Was it easy? Seriously?…. NOT. Not for me at least.

From the very first moment, I just didnt know what to do. I had problem with latching. Unsure if Im doing the right thing. My caesarean scar was aching at every move. And the fact that Baby E is crying and looking unsatisfied after each feed, often brings myself to cry too. 

Long story short, the first few days after delivery were all tears.

THEN... things get better....

We started to get to know each other. And feeding felt... easier...

In my arms she snuggles comfortably, Wrapping her little fingers in me. 

I can feel her heartbeat everytime I pull her close.. She would then look up and flash the cutest smile...

My heart melts....

Breastfeeding










































I know she feels safe. Cause silently i felt the same way too. 

Its not always bright and sunny though.

There were days of pain and discomfort from sore and cracked nipples. Inflammation or mastitis? 

Owh yes.... I had that too. 

What I learned is that breastfeeding is a process. Just like riding a bike,

You need to learn how to and so does your baby.

Every mother journey are different. Mine lasted for 6 months exclusively before it took a complete detour leaving me to switch to formula mixing with solid food. 

Am I a winner? Nope but Im not a loser neither.

What's important...

I tried my best, The longest I could.. to ensure a healthy starts for my lil one.


TIPS

Drink lots of water 
You need liquid to continue production, And Definitely lots of em. Drink at least 9 -12 glass of water to keep u and your precious hydrate

Low milk supply Consistency is the key. Supply and demand. Make sure to continue direct breastfeed or pump out milk every 2-3 hours to stabilise milk production.

Night feed / pump I swear night pump and breastfeed really helps in producing more milk. The downside you have to wake up in the middle of the night regardless baby started sleeping all night. Betul kata orang, to win some, you gotto lose some.

Healthy menu Milk produce straight from what mummy consume. So eat healthy mama! 

Latching problem Check your positioning. Babies chin and nose should touch breast while lips splay out. Ask opinion from other breastfeed mum or get in touch with lactation consultant for some help.

Sore nipples let some milk stay on nipples to air dry after feed. The milk actually helps to heal em. 

Clogged / Plug Ducts / Mastitis The key to breastfeed is frequent and consistence emptying. Continue to direct feed as much as possible. You can also use hands pumping. DO NOT STOP. Apply warm compresses or take warm shower while massaging your breast to stimulate milk movement. If you are starting to have fever or feeling chill consult a doctor.

Travelling / flying You can help minimise air pressure from flying and keeps baby calm during take off and landing by direct feeding. The key is happy baby, happy parents.

Breastfeed is beautiful journey Make sure you are getting enough rest, do not stress and enjoy the bonding


Breastfeeding loose weight
 Swollen feet uhuh just days before labour


Breastfeeding loose weight
I was 79KG at 9 months pregnant

Breastfeeding loose weight
Us at 6 month - I lost half my pregnancy weight while Baby E continue to gain more





















































































Breastfeeding support
My number one support system - MrG 







































Daddy support plays a major role in the success of breastfeeding for new mum. So dads please hold our hands when we are feeling lost, Tell us its alright and do not let us give up. Mr G Thanks for being my number one fan and moral support. We loves you always.  


xxx
Travel Junkie Mum





Tiada ulasan:

Catatan Yang Ditampilkan

8 Reason Why I Love Being A Mom

Alarm clock is no longer needed to start the day Waking up before the baby arrived. Snooze mode has always been on repeat buz...